Based in Rustington, West Sussex on the South Coast of England, Mission Labels strives to achieve the highest standard in label printing. Investment in machinery, staff and systems proves our commitment to innovation and growth within the industry. With a team of 11 staff, Mission Labels encompasses a small 'family' run business, with the four directors playing an active role in the company operations.
Working at Mission Labels
Jo, Office Coordinator, has worked for Mission Labels for over 7 years and ensures everything runs smoothly from key accounts for health and safety requirements. Jo says "Working at Mission Labels is a lot of fun, but we work hard and sometimes long hours to ensure the labels meet the customer's requirements. It really is like coming home to my 'other family' when I get to work, which makes for a great working environment".
- Purchased a new plate-maker for in-house plate-making, cutting the timescale from plate to press from 3 hours to 1 hour
- Invested in a new Omega rewind machine, enabling despatch of an increased amount of work and ensuring despatch of last minute urgent orders
- Refurbishment of the factory and offices, investing in our commitment to gain BRC accreditation
- Invested in a new in-house repro system, including an up-to-date Mac system and a fast modern RIP system
- Purchased a new compressor for the presses and a new anilox cleaner tank
- Continued investment in training and commitment to BRC
Studio / Pre-Press
Mission Labels has a desktop scanner to scan images sent in from customers and a top quality printer for proofing artworks, although emailing proofs is now the preferred method. We combine artworks supplied from customers with our own design artworks, where required using Adobe Illustrator and Adobe Photoshop. We add all the pre-press requirements to every job using these programmes before then imaging and processing our own film negatives on our in-line image setter and processor.
Mission Labels curently work with Nilpeter FB3300 flexographic presses, both of which have a material capacity of 330mm wide. They are both eight-colour with auto registration and reverse printing, they can run up to 160 metres a minute. Autumn 2012 sees further investment with the opportunity for Mission Labels customers to print ten-colour.
Having increased our floor space, taking over the adjacent unit, we now have a completely separate finishing department, with Omega rewind machines and Rotoflex rewind.
Meet the team to find out more about the Company Directors.