Based in Rustington, West Sussex on the South Coast of England, Mission Labels strives to achieve the highest standard in label printing. Investment in machinery, staff and systems proves our commitment to innovation and growth within the industry. With a team of 18 staff, Mission Labels encompasses a small 'family' run business, with the four directors playing an active role in the company operations.
Working at Mission Labels
Jo, Office Co-ordinator, has worked for Mission Labels for 13 years and helps to ensure everything runs smoothly. Jo says "Working at Mission Labels is a lot of fun, but we work hard and sometimes long hours to ensure the labels meet the customer's requirements.
- Purchased a new plate-maker for in-house plate-making, cutting the timescale from plate to press from 3 hours to 1 hour
- Invested in a new Omega rewind machine, enabling despatch of an increased amount of work and ensuring despatch of last minute urgent orders
- Refurbishment of the factory and offices, investing in our commitment to gain BRC accreditation
- Invested in a new in-house repro system, including an up-to-date Mac system and a fast modern RIP system
- Purchased a new compressor for the presses and a new anilox cleaner tank
- Continued investment in training and commitment to BRC
Studio / Pre-Press
Mission Labels has a desktop scanner to scan images sent in from customers and a top quality printer for proofing artworks, although emailing proofs is now the preferred method. We combine artworks supplied from customers with our own design artworks, where required using Adobe Illustrator and Adobe Photoshop. We take imaging and processing from our CTP unit to make HD plates. We have also invested in a state of the art Xrite colour match spectrometer enabling us to colour match every colour.
Mission Labels currently work with a Nilpeter FB3 with full, low migration, UV and FB3300, both of which have a material width of 333mm. The Fb3300 runs 8 colours and the FB3 has the capability to run Peel & Reveal and 8-10 colours. Autumn 2018 sees further investment with the opportunity for Mission Labels to expand into new markets.
Having increased our floor space, taking over the adjacent unit, we now have a completely separate finishing department, with two Omega rewind machines, a Rotoflex and a Flexor.
Meet the team to find out more about us.